Analyst, TMT Strategy
RCBG is a specialized consulting firm focusing on business strategy and market analysis within the technology, media and telecommunication (TMT) sectors.
The firm’s clientele includes network operators (e.g. telco, cable, wireless, satellite), equipment vendors, media companies, and financial investors (e.g. VCs, private equity).
Our consulting model is progressive, allowing for: no client-site work, travel when needed, and reasonable hours. The firm is built around a strong commitment to work-life balance and support of flexible schedules. Projects typically run 8-10 weeks long, include research, analysis and financial modeling, and offer direct engagement at very senior levels of a client’s management team/board.
Buy-sell opportunities may arise from our strategy work, which the firm occasionally supports in a consultative role.
Analysts provides key inputs and analysis to colleagues and project teams, and drive the final recommendations to our clients. She/he participates in all aspects of our consulting engagements, including research, analysis, modeling, strategy development and presentation delivery. Analysts conduct trends analysis of technologies and business activities in our sector, develop quantitative models and forecasts, and must be highly resourceful in gathering the necessary intelligence and data to support the analysis and conclusions. Expect to participate on 2-3 projects at a time, and work as key members of small project teams in developing strategies for new products, emerging markets, and innovative technologies.
Leveraging this experience and their talent, our analyst alumni have matriculated at leading B-schools like Harvard (HBS) and UCLA Anderson.
We ask that candidates address their qualifications in the following areas:
Industry Experience – in one or more of the following:
- Management consulting, investment banking, equity research, technology market research (not IT or implementation)
- Industry experience with communications service and technology providers, media cos
Educational & Personal Qualifications
- 2 years of relevant full-time work experience is required
- BS or BA degree in business, finance or engineering
- Highly resourceful, self-motivated, and insightful individual
- Superb analytical skills, balanced with communication and organization skills
- PowerPoint, Excel proficiency
- Ability to conduct primary research through direct market contact and data collection
- Sound presentation skills with experience in written and verbal delivery
- Ability to find and digest large amounts of information and distill what matters
Competitive compensation consisting of base salary plus performance bonuses.
Excellent benefits including BlueCross Blue Shield insurance, Fidelity savings plan, in-building gym membership, and commute reimbursement.
Position will be located just outside of Chicago at RCBG’s new offices in Schaumburg.
U.S. work authorization is required.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, subject line “Analyst”.