RCBG is a specialized consulting firm focused on business strategy and market analysis within the technology, media and telecommunication (TMT) sectors.
The firm’s clientele includes network operators (e.g. telco, cable, wireless, satellite), equipment vendors, media companies, and financial investors (e.g. VCs, private equity).
Our consulting model is progressive. Minimal travel, no client-site work, reasonable hours. The firm is built around a commitment to work-life balance and flexible schedules. Projects typically run 6-8 weeks long, include research, analysis and financial modeling, and offer direct engagement at very senior levels of a client’s management team/board.
Buy-sell opportunities may arise from our strategy projects, which the firm occasionally supports in a consultative role.
Analyst, TMT Strategy
Analysts provide key inputs and analysis to colleagues and project teams, and drive the final recommendations to our clients. She/he participates in all aspects of our consulting engagements, including research, analysis, modeling, strategy development and presentation. Analysts conduct trends analysis of technologies and business activities in our sector, develop quantitative models and forecasts, and must be highly resourceful in gathering the necessary intelligence and data to support the analysis and conclusions. Expect to participate on 2-3 projects at a time, and work as key members of small teams in developing strategy for new products, emerging markets, and innovative technologies.
Leveraging this experience and their smarts, our two most recent analysts were accepted to Harvard Business School.
We ask that candidates address their qualifications in the following areas:
Industry Experience – in one or more of the following:
- Management consulting, investment banking analysis, equity research, technology market research (not IT or implementation)
- Industry experience with communications service and technology providers, media cos
Educational & Personal Qualifications
- BS or BA in business, finance or engineering with 1-3 years experience is required
- Highly resourceful, self-motivated, and insightful individual
- Superb analytical skills, balanced with communication and organization skills
- PowerPoint, Excel proficiency
- Ability to conduct primary research through direct market contact and data collection
- Sound presentation skills with written and verbal delivery
- Ability to find and digest large amounts of information and distill what matters
Full time position is available. Competitive compensation consisting of base salary plus performance bonuses.
Excellent full-time benefits including BlueCross Blue Shield insurance, Fidelity savings plan, gym membership (new in-building gym) and commute reimbursement.
Position will be located in Schaumburg, Il at RCBG’s new offices.
U.S. work authorization is required.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, subject line “Analyst”.